June 12, 2019
Employed by: Durand-Wayland, Inc.
101 Durand Road
LaGrange, Ga 30241
Durand Wayland Inc., headquartered in LaGrange, GA, has served the fresh produce industry since 1934. An industry leader, we have supplied electronic equipment for sizing, sorting and packing fruits and vegetables around the world. We are a single-source supplier for packing houses offering a full line of produce grading equipment.
We are seeking a Drafting Technician/Equipment Layout Designer to develop detailed design drawings and specifications for fruit handling equipment used in both new and retrofit plant layouts.
Seeking an experienced field service technician with knowledge of 3 phase AC motor controls and AC/DC controls systems. Industrial troubleshooting experience, able to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical wiring, equipment, switches, sensors, motors, etc., using hand, power and precision measuring tools. The Technician is responsible for providing onsite and remote troubleshooting support for breakdowns that could require travel as well as manage and perform the electrical and mechanical installation of large equipment and control systems including install of machinery and wiring connections based electrical and layout drawings.
- Ability to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical wiring, equipment, switches, sensors, motors, etc.
- Maintain electrical equipment to meet NEC and local codes.
- Design, program, analyze and repair electrical drives and control units including configuring PLC motor controls and electrical protection.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve equipment performance and operations.
- Assist customers in identifying and resolving problems.
- Demonstrate safe and proficient use of shop tools, hand and power tools including a welder.
- Demonstrate mechanical knowledge.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of PLC’s, VFD’s, analog and digital industrial sensors.
- Physical demand include standing, sitting, walking and lifting including working from ladders.
- Including but not limited to working in environments including a company office or warehouse and on customer sites
- Including but not limited to working inside and outside in wet, dry, dusty, hot and cold conditions
- Proficient in testing electrical systems using testing tools such as ohmmeters and voltmeters.
- Perform duties in a work environment that may be hot, cold, dirty or fast paced.
- Self-starter able to work alone managing and recording his or her time and expenses yet able to work as a team with other trades.
- Organization and maintenance of project documentation and drawing modifications
- Must be able to travel.
- All other assigned duties.
- Four years of journey level electrical experience or completion of an approved technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance and two years electrical experience or any equivalent combination of experience and or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background, drug and work screen.
- Must be available to work 8-hour days, weekends, call-outs and overtime.
- Must be able to travel domestically and possibly international.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.